In this page we describe the modalities for site management regarding handling of personal data collected from the user in accordance with art 13 of Legislative Decree no. 96/2003 – Code on personal data protection
This information refers only to the site www.parmasummerschool.it, therefore it does not apply to other websites that might have been visited by the user through a link.
Ownership and responsibilities regarding handling of personal data
Pietro Cozzini, Department of Food Science, University of Parma, Parco Area delle scienze 17/A, 43124; e-mail address email@example.com, has Ownership of Personal Data Handling.
User’s personal data may be shared with individuals involved in the organization of the site (administrative and system administrators), or external third parties like Università degli Studi di Parma and EFSA.
Aims of data handling and its modalities
Personal data and Navigation data, automatically gathered by the site or voluntarily supplied by the User or the interested party, are collected for the objectives and with the modalities indicated below.
Data will be handled through instruments and with modalities that ensure data privacy and security, in accordance with provisions of Law Decree dated June 30, 2003, number 196, and current regulations and will be used only for the school needs and/or to send informations about no profit scientific events.
How the data is treated
Data is treated exclusively for institutional purposes using computerised instruments and for the length of time strictly necessary to achieve the objective for which it is collected.
Types of handled data
Data automatically supplied by the User
When operating, the computer systems and software procedures necessary for the Portal System to operate correctly collect some personal data that is implicitly transmitted by the use of the Internet communication protocols or is used to improve the quality of the service offered.
This information is not collected in order to be associated with identified interested parties, however in virtue of its nature it may lead to the identification of the user through data processing and association.
This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the users to connect to the website and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and data processing environment.
This data is used solely for the aims indicated above, and only for the length of time that is necessary to execute the services requested by the User. The User will have the prerogative to request removal of such data at any time for legitimate reasons.
This kind of data could be used to verify responsibility in case of possible cybercrimes against the site.
The cookies utilised on this site optimise the service provided, while easing the website usability and/or enabling users to access to specific functionalities.
Session cookies are indispensable for authentication on online services and reserved areas. The use of these cookies (which are not permanently stored on the user’s computer and are removed once the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of the necessary session ID to explore the website safely and efficiently.
Disabling such cookies may affect the correct functioning of some of the online services.
Data voluntarily supplied by the User
Supplying sensitive personal data, such as data that might identify the user’s ethnic or racial background, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, health conditions or sexual orientation, remains an optional and voluntary action, and requires explicit consent by the User.
In case the User should decide to utilize the site, in any way, for publishing or sharing a third party’s data, he/she will assume total and complete responsibility for such action. The Owner will be held harmless for the instrumental handling of data consequent to said communication or dissemination.
Pietro Cozzini declares its commitment to keep and control all data automatically gathered by the site or voluntarily supplied by the User in such a manner and with such measures as to reduce to the minimum all risks relating to destruction, loss, unauthorized access, not permitted or inappropriate handling of said data for objectives that are inconsistent with the original purpose of their collection.
Rights of interested parties
In accordance with article 7 of legislative decree no. 196/2003, the person to whom the personal data refers has the right to:
obtain confirmation of the existence or non-existence of data concerning him/her, and receive an intelligible communication of said data, even if he/she has not yet been registered.
obtain information on:
- source of the personal data;
- purpose and method of treatment;
- logic applied in the event of treatment using electronic equipment;
- details of the data handler, and representative appointed in accordance with article 5 paragraph 2;
- subjects or categories of subjects to which personal data may be sent or that may become acquainted with the data in virtue of their capacity as representative appointed for that territory by the State, or managers or persons responsible for said task.
- an update, modification or when interested, completion of the data;
- deletion, transformation into anonymous form, or have the data blocked if handled unlawfully, including data that does not need to be stored for the purposes for which the data was collected or subsequently treated;
- a declaration stating that the persons to which the data is communicated or divulged are aware of the operations referred to in (a) ad (b), including the content, except in the case in which it is not possible to fulfil said obligation or if this entails an involvement of means that is clearly disproportionate to the right protected.
to be opposed, totally or partially:
- for legitimate reasons, to the handling of his/her personal data, despite the fact it is relevant to the purpose of the collection; to the treatment of his/her personal data for the purpose of sending advertising material or direct sales or to its use for market research or commercial purposes.